Our dogs give us time and affection like no other. It is our duty and obligation to provide for these animals with as much love and care. And since different breeds have different needs and personalities, dog care can be tough to master.
Upon owning a dog, you will have to learn basic dog care. This means, as the proud owner of a dog, you now have to feed, bathe and train your pet. Here a few dog care tips you should know.
1. Get your dog a collar and an ID tag with your name, address and telephone number written on it. It will make identification of your dog easier and will have a higher possibility of being returned to you.
2. Check for dog license in your area. If your community requires a dog license, you best get Fido one too.
3. Have your pet visit the veterinarian for his physical check-up. Dog care is making sure your pet is in good health. If there are any concerns, the dog can be treated immediately.
4. Dog care requires tough love. Have your pet vaccinated.
5. Proving dog care requires a good shelter. You can build him a doghouse for when he goes outside to play and a doggie bed when hes inside the house. Dogs are very clingy creatures and crave for companionship so they may spend more time inside the house.
6. Food in dog care is essential. A balanced diet with vitamin supplements and readily available water is essential to any dog regime. Ask your vet about the proper foods.
7. Dog hygiene is an essential part of dog care. The eyes, ears and teeth of your pet must be cleaned. At the first sign of abnormalities like soreness or discoloration, go to your veterinarian.
8. Train your dogs. Dog care is not only physical. As the owner, you are responsible for your dog mentally too. Dogs need a stimulating activity to develop their skills and keep disciplined.
9. Play with your pets. Dog care requires exercise for the pooch. Run with him, play ball or just spend your time with him.
10. Have your dog neutered. Dog care experts say that those animals that get surgery tend to have less behavioral problems and live longer. And by getting your dog neutered, you can help reduce pet overpopulation.
Dog care can be very demanding but its beneficial for the owner and pet. A healthy well-being will make their time together as great as possible. Just like taking care of a child, following your dog care routine will prevent any problems in the future.
More and more businesses are realizing the increasing industry of dog care. Go to your favorite store and youll see a variety of dog care products available to dog owners. The latest craze to hit this industry is institutions that cater to dogs. These are hotels or restaurants that offers dog care service from their own doggie menu, to a daycare for dogs and even a doggie spa.
Whether you choose a professional dog care institution to take care of your baby or just skip the extravagance and train poochie yourself, remember that your dog is another living creature that needs your love, time and attention. It may seem so tiring but its worth it in the end.